Ancestry research is becoming one of the most popular hobbies in the world and Minnesota’s first Norwegian settlement is leading the way. With many options to choose from, including DNA ancestry testing, sometimes it helps to be part of an organization where you can learn from other members and an experienced staff. Our Genetic Ancestry members’ results can remain anonymous and private, but some are happy to share their ethnic ancestry experience so that others’ can compare their own results and decide what tests are best for them.
Discover your story
- Genetic Ancestry testing options
- Traditional Genealogy
- Giants (6th Grade) Academy Heritage Classes
- Spring Grove Historical Exhibits
Preserve your story with our
Share your story
- Create Family Trees and Books for printing or sharing online
- Create a Family Oral History using our Video Documentary Services
Interpret your story
- With others by booking our beautiful Immigrant Hall for your Family Reunion or Lag Convention
So, why not get started today? Join at our Genetic Ancestry level ($175) or higher and get a complimentary DNA based genetic ancestry test kit, fill in what you know about your family tree, and begin your genetic genealogy adventure. Genetic ancestry will jump start your family tree. Genetic ancestry will fill in the blanks on an existing family tree. Read more under Genetic Ancestry from the header menu.
World-wide ancestry finding service, small town friendliness
We help our members build their family stories through traditional and genetic genealogy, oral histories, and photo preservation, because we believe an empowering heritage narrative is everyone’s birthright. We hope you will bookmark this page, like our Facebook page, and recommend us to your friends on Facebook. Trueheritage.org –empowering families to optimally live, love, learn, and leave a legacy.
Headquartered in historic Spring Grove, Minnesota’s first Norwegian community, our heritage center seeks to promote multigenerational stewardship locally and internationally through:
1. Helping you honor the “giants” in your family and community whose life work helped or will help subsequent generations to receive a true heritage: health, good will, self-control, and understanding.
2. Empowering you to reconnect with long-lost cousins, even those across the oceans, using the latest genetic ancestry testing and social computer technology.
3. Bringing young and old together with fun intergenerational activities that build multigenerational bonds.
4. Helping members critically analyze what skills and lifestyles have empowered real people like themselves in past generations.
5. Providing a forum for members to deconstruct their personal heritage narrative and rebuild it in a way that treasures the uniqueness of the patchwork quilt they are.